Your West Seattle neighborhood reuse and recycle collection event – with SHREDDING.
Saturday, September 26th
9am to 1pm
The Fourth Annual Reuse and Recycle event is happening in the West Seattle Junction Parking Lot located on the corner of SW Oregon and 42nd Ave SW.
Please have masks on at all times – even while in your vehicle.
1. Drive-up to parking lot entrance on 42nd Ave (closest to SW Oregon)
2. You will be directed to drive forward – watch for the volunteers in the orange vests
3. Survey-takers will ask a few questions
4. You will be directed to the correct drop-off points (if you have multiple items you’ll drive to each point)
5. Please wear a mask at all times
6. You will be unloading your own vehicle
7. You will exit back onto 42nd Ave (closest to QFC)
8. Please maintain 6ft distance at all times
1. Walk-up to the middle entrance on 42nd Ave
2. There will be a volunteer at a table taking donations
3. Please wear a mask at all times
4. Please maintain 6ft distance at all times
ACCEPTED ITEMS INCLUDE:
Styrofoam Household batteries Fluorescent tubes and bulbs Small electronics Paper for shredding (limit 4 boxes) – you CAN bring confidential documents – thanks Junction Windermere Clothing & linens Household goods (for reuse – in good condition)
Small appliances (non-freon)
NOT ACCEPTED ITEMS INCLUDE:
Automotive waste Furniture
Broken household goods Construction waste
Large appliances Garbage or yard waste Hazardous waste Car seats Non-recyclable or non-reusable items
Staff reserves the right to refuse items that are not listed, contaminated, or too large.
For more information on where to dispose of items not accepted visit: seattle.gov/Util/MyServices/WhereDoesItGo/
Would you like to volunteer for the event? We are looking for traffic control volunteers who can assist in keeping the lines of cars going and helping our neighbors get to the right recycling station. Sign up here on the volunteer web page.