The West Seattle Junction was little more than boggy woodland until April 1907, when two streetcar lines were connected at California Avenue SW and SW Alaska Street (then 9th Street). Within a month, a dozen real estate agents had opened offices at what quickly became known as "the Junction." By 1911, the Junction had grown from a ramshackle collection of real-estate offices into a full-fledged business district.
The West Seattle Junction Association is a nonprofit which produces community events throughout the year including Art Walk, Wine Walk, Summer Fest, Outdoor Movies, Harvest Festival, and Hometown Holidays. The Junction helps to keep the streets of the Junction safe, clean and beautiful. With the help of the public, we fund the flower baskets that beautify the Junction each summer, and put up the banners and lights that make the junction so pretty.
The Junction Association is funded through BIA business owner ratepayer dues, city grants and event sponsorships. If you would like to donate to the Junction as a community member, you may do so through our mailing address: 4210 SW Oregon St, Suite A Seattle, WA 98116, by completing the Donation of Securities WSJA through our stock donation form, or through our donate button. Thank you!
The 2020-23 Junction Board of Directors:
- Heather Leaman - President - Bakery Nouveau
- Larry Johnson - Vice President- Windermere
- Allison Herzog - Treasurer- The Beer Junction
- Melissa Rossick - Supreme
- Ben Jenkins - Shadowland and Dumplings of Fury
- Jack Miller - Husky Deli
- Frank Gross - Thunder Road Guitars
- Phil Gustavson - School of Rock
- Alyssa Kaliszewski - Doll Parts Collective
- Audrey Hartman - Verity Credit Union
- Cory Cote - Mystery Made
- Mara Haveson - Compass