SDOT wants to get you and your neighbors excited and to join their Walk Bike Ride Challenge this summer.
The August round of the Walk Bike Ride Challenge is the biggest round of the year, with an extra special set of prizes:
- Electric bike from Electric Bikes Northwest
- One night stay at the Pan Pacific Hotel in South Lake Union
- 1 Year Zipcar membership & 5+ hours of driving credit
- $100 Nordstrom gift card (from Commute Seattle)
- $100 REI gift card
- $100 Farmer’s Market gift card (accepted at seven farmer’s markets)
Switch at least two trips per week in August to walking, biking or riding transit. The more trips you report, the more chances you earn to win prizes!
You’ll receive help along the way with weekly emails with tips on walking, biking and riding. You can login to see how many car trips you have reduced, and even see the collective impact of all the program participants.
Almost half of the trips Americans make are within two miles—a walkable, bikeable distance. Shifting to active transportation helps people get in shape, save money and reduce greenhouse gases.
Summer is a great time to get exercise while you get around. You’ll feel better, be better and look better. You’ll also save money and reduce pollution.