NOTIFICATION OF SPECIAL EVENT IN THE JUNCTION
WHAT: West Seattle Summer Fest
WHERE: West Seattle Junction – California Ave SW from SW Edmunds St to SW Genesee
St, SW Alaska St from 42nd Ave SW to 44th Ave SW
DATE(s): July 13-15
TIME(s): 10am – 11pm Friday and Saturday 11am – 5pm Sunday
WHO: West Seattle Junction Association
CONTACT: Lora Swift 425.445.5672 Oliver Little 206.403.8507
On July 13th-15th, our organization The West Seattle Junction Association will be producing a special
event in the Junction neighborhood called Summer Fest. The Junction Neighborhood has hosted
Summer Fest for 36 years. We are thrilled to host Summer Fest in your neighborhood and it’s important
to us that we are communicating clearly with you, the neighbors.
• Event hours are from Friday, July 13th 10am to Sunday, July 15th 5pm.
• We will be loading in beginning at 6pm on July 12th, and will load out until 11pm on July 15th.
• We will leave your neighborhood as we found it: litter and recycling will be handled by Recology
and Waste Management.
• During the event hours, we expect between 5,000 to 15,000 attendees per day.
• Streets may be closed or have limited vehicle and/or pedestrian access between the hours of
4pm on July 12th through 11pm on July 15th. See the attached map for specifics.
• We will have amplified sound during the hours of 12pm to 11pm on July 13th and 14th and 12pm
to 4pm on July 15th.
o Sound will be from the North stage on California Ave near Genesee see map
We are working closely with the City of Seattle Special Events Committee to minimize the impacts of the
event. Our goal is to create an enjoyable and positive experience in your neighborhood.
If you or any of the surrounding residents and businesses have questions or comments about impacts of
this event, please email us at:
Lora Swift, Executive Director West Seattle Junction Association
4210 SW Oregon St, Suite A Seattle WA 98126
Chris Swenson, Chair City of Seattle – Special Events Office
PO Box 94708 Seattle, WA 98124