West Seattle Junction Association
Title: Marketing and Office Manager
Status: Part Time –15 to 20 per week
The mission of the WSJA is to develop, encourage, promote and participate in activities that enhance a healthy economic, social and environmental climate for the West Seattle Junction Community. To accomplish this, we strive to improve the marketing, public safety, beautification and transportation issues that arise in the West Seattle Junction Business District.
Job Position Summary: This position handles the marketing and administrative aspects of the organization. The Marketing and Office Manager is responsible for putting systems in place to accomplish the goals of the job description. Collaborates with the Director and business community on a variety of initiatives.
Website and social media: Maintain WSJA website including calendar listings, create blog posts, and maintain public communication with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Constant Contact.
Program and event support: Help promote Junction merchant participation in various efforts including West Seattle Summer Fest, Movies on the Wall, and Art Walk, promote events via local media outlets, and materials distribution
Marketing: Help develop and implement new marketing initiatives.
Admin: General administrative work, accounts payable/receivable, manage database, and manage office equipment.
We are looking for a detail-oriented self-starter who can be a flexible member of a small office.
- Must be computer savvy.
- Must have experience in writing for social media and/or marketing.
- Ability to multi task and handle multiple deadlines; Good time management and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently with excellent follow through skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must have an attention to detail.
- Proven ability to learn new systems or computer programs that the position may require.
- Must maintain a set schedule during weekday office hours, days to be negotiated.
- Desired experience with or willingness to learn WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Constant Contact, Filemaker Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, and Quickbooks Pro.
DOE: $15 – $17/hour