Events and Festivals Coordinator Responsibilities and Duties (Part-time, flexible schedule)
Coordinate with the executive director and implement all event programming within a determined time frame.
Develop communication to vendors, participants, and volunteers for all WSJA events and festivals.
Support the short- and long-term planning and management for WSJA events.
Help develop and manage the budget, marketing plan, and objectives.
Develop relationships with contractors.
Fundraise via sponsorship deployment upon strategic goal-setting.
Collaborate with staff and evaluate all volunteer programs and activity performance.
Assist to develop various alliances to achieve all conversation objectives and coordinate with various community groups, schedule meetings and ensure communication aligns with the mission of WSJA.
Administer everyday functions for the organization and coordinate with the executive director to prepare all event and festival strategies to achieve all goals and evaluate the performance of various sponsorship programs.
Full Job Description
About the West Seattle Junction Association
The West Seattle Junction Association is a thriving Business Improvement Area. It is an organization made up of local merchants and other businesses with a Director, a Board of Directors, and committees to organize marketing, beautification, events, and community service projects.
The Events and Festival Coordinator (part-time, flexible schedule) is a staff position supporting the ratepayers (merchants) of the West Seattle Junction Association. Working with the Executive Director, the primary duties focus on events and festival project coordination, sponsorships, community partnership development, and volunteer coordination. Part-time 24 hrs per week with increased hours leading up to, during, and after major events and festivals. Must have availability event evenings and event weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sponsorship Development (10%)
- Be fully engaged with past and current WSJA partners while developing new sponsorships programs for projected events.
- Search and develop further sources of partnership funding.
- Event Planning and Volunteer Stewardship (80%)
- Manage all community-facing events within the district boundary of WSJA.
- Further programming that aligns with the values of WSJA including Summer Fest, Harvest Fest, Hometown Holidays, Wine Walk, Art Walk, Pride Weekend, and Flag Program.
- Harness the power of the volunteers by developing programming and meaningful rewards.
3. Marketing (10%)
- Develop events and festival social media marketing to include a full suite of WSJA platforms, website, and blog.
- Five years of progressive events responsibility
- NPO background
- Two-year degree in nonprofit management, marketing, or equivalent work experience
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humor
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people
- Operates with excellence in mind in all matters
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Passionate about the WSJA mission and impact
- Self-starter, self-disciplined
- Spark, imagination, creativity
- Remain focused in the face of pressure, delivers against timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time limitations
- Proven record developing large-scale events
- Strong social media skills, including website content development
- Previous small business relationship and/or ownership a plus
The West Seattle Junction Association office is located in the heart of the Junction, with hybrid in-office and remote work available.
Part-time 24 hours per week with increased hours before, during, and after events and festivals.
FLSA Classification: part-time, hourly
Starting hourly rate: $25 per hr
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com