The Holidays are here, and our local businesses in The Junction are ready for the most festive season yet! They’re offering some fun events and special deals to help you get into the holiday spirit and pick the perfect gifts for your friends and family. This week, December 1st through December 6th, please feel free to stop by the following local businesses to see what they have going on:
The Junction is proud to present our 12th Annual Tree Lighting Event this Saturday, December 5th! It’s a community event for family, friends, and neighbors. It will be held in Junction Plaza Park at 42nd and Alaska starting at 5pm. This year Alaska St will be closed to make more room for festivities! Cocoa and cookies will be provided by Whole Foods.
Also from 4-8pm, stroll The Junction and discover a progressive party hosted by Junction businesses. You’ll find nibbles, drinks, games, and deals all wrapped up with holiday flair. This will be the most festive night in The Junction – not to be missed! You can get all the info about the Holiday Party and details about the various participating businesses here.
- Twilight Gallery & Boutique will be hosting some very special Shop Late Nights each Thursday in December. This week on December 3rd, they are kicking it off with a great event featuring:
Kimberly Baker Jewelry infuses mysticism with an urban simplicity. Kimberly draws inspiration from pop culture, spiritual iconography, and from the natural world of her adopted home, Seattle WA.
Jonquil & Mr Black was born of his personal principles and aesthetic: “Classic, yet innovative; making the mundane memorable.”A Northwest native, he was Reader’s Choice for Seattle Magazine’s Seamless in Seattle design competition and is Featured Designer for Seattle’s newest high-end hotel, Motif.
Brenda Bryan’s Lovewell Couture combines her love of art, vintage clothing and design into her hat making and brings a vintage feel with a modern ascetic to her work.
Crystal love, bringing good energy, and creating everything with uniqueness is the essence of Leia Beila Jewelry.
On December 5th, Twilight Gallery & Boutique will be hosting a Foster Merritt Trunk Show and Holiday Party.
“We are happy to party with The Junction and showcase this wonderful collection of heirloom rings by Foster Merritt. Inspired by their grandmother’s style, sass and smarts, these one of kind pieces are made from hand cut natural stones in three unique carved settings, handmade and designed in WEST SEATTLE. No two rings are alike, a collectors item for generations to come. 4 to 8pm!”
- On December 5th, come celebrate the season with Fleurt at their Holiday Open House. They will be having extended hours 10am to 6pm. Lucky door prizes will be handed out throughout the day along with appetizers and beverages. If you spend $100 or more, get a free mini succulent or cactus! You can also enter to win a custom holiday wreath.
- Jan’s Beauty Supply invites you to join them for their annual Holiday Happy Hour, every Friday starting November 27th through December 26th from 3:00-5:30pm. Save 20% off Devacurl, Loma & Joico on Nov 27th. You can also enter to win gift baskets and enjoy wine, cheese, and chocolates.
- The Beer Junction will continue their Coffee & Stout Beer Fest this week with 20 taps devoted to coffee beers, along with some rare imperial stouts they’ve been cellaring for 1-3 years! Just want coffee? They now serve Stumptown’s Cold Brewed Coffee on Nitro! On Saturday, December 5th stop by for a free piece of coffee cake!
- Click! Design That Fits is hosting their collaboration with the JOIN collective. Their Holiday Pop Up will run from Nov 27th (Black Friday) – December 13th
“We’re really excited to share our next event, which is a holiday pop up featuring members of the JOIN collective. JOIN is a collective of independent design studios from the Pacific Northwest and beyond, with a sharp focus on intelligent design and thoughtful manufacturing. These curated studios join forces for events, pop-up shops, and trade shows, and we’re honored to be featuring their work at Click!. The pop up opens on Black Friday, with an opening celebration on Small Business Saturday.”
Here are the Studios that will be featured:
- HomeStreet Bank will be hosting local businesses in their West Seattle Branch every Friday between now and Christmas from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.(Except December 11th). Join them and make purchases on site to support local businesses. This Friday shop from the following local stores:
-The General Store
-Mountain to Sound
Holiday Discounts & Special Hours:
The following stores will be open late Thursdays in December. Stop by December 3, 10, & 17 to make holiday shopping a breeze. Stroll the shops and pop in for happy hour at any of the local Junction restaurants, and you’ve got a great night out…and a checked off list!
- Finally, Seattle Fish Company would like to get the word out about their shipping and packing service. They can ship seafood anywhere in the U.S. and also pack it for travel. This is great if you’re headed to the home of family or friends this holiday season, and would like to share something authentically Seattle. You can also enjoy their daily happy hour at the grill to sample some of their fresh seafood prepared in house.
Junction Holiday Happenings
December 1st – 6th / West Seattle Junction